Avraham Binder studied at the art academy in Vilnius and immigrated to Palestine in 1929, with his parents and younger sister Tzila. He enrolled in the Bezalel Academy of Arts, however left shortly after, due to the conservative nature of the institute. He then moved to Haifa and worked in the family bookbinding studio. Eventually, he settled in Tel-Aviv in 1934 where he lived and painted until his death at 95.
Binder painted the everyday and the landscapes of his beloved land: His city Tel-Aviv with its buildings, markets and beaches, the Galil and the desert, the flora and the people of Israel.