Painter, draughtsman and teacher, born in Birmingham. He attended Moseley Junior Art School from 1939 to 1942, Birmingham College of Art from 1942 to 1946, the Royal College of Art from 1946 to 1950 and l'Académie de la Grande Chaumière in Paris from 1950 to 1951 where he gained a French Government Scholarship. Went on to be a visiting teacher at Kingston College of Art and Epsom School of Art. He was an elected member of the Royal Watercolour Society, the Royal Society of Britsh Artists, the Royal Society of Portrait Painters and the New English Art Club. Public collections holding his work include the art galleries of Birmingham, Bradford, Preston and Sheffield.